Countermeasures Set: CMS-15
Click To Enlarge
List Price: $1,100.00
On Sale Now: $995.00
You Save: $105.00 (10 %)
Item Number: EA381
The CMS-15 Countermeasures Set is designed for the person who wants to be able to perform the basic countermeasures checks either for his own security or as a business offering the service to others. This is the same unit as the CMS-11 with TT-46 advanced wiretap detector.
The set is built around the TD-53 Advanced Transmitter Detector and consists of the following items:
TD-53 Advanced Transmitter Detector
- If you suspect your premises are bugged, for your own peace of mind, check it out. The TD-53 can be used to detect, verify and locate hidden transmitters in your home, office or car.
Use the TD-53 to perform a professional RF sweep of your premises, including your telephone system. Similar in operation to a Geiger counter, the sensitive antenna system can be used to probe all areas of a room. As the antenna approaches the hidden transmitter, the audible tone clicks faster and faster while the ten step solid-state meter indicates the signal strength.
At this point, switch modes from Detect to Verify to differentiate a bug from a regular radio or TV transmission. If a bugging device is present, a continuous squealing tone is generated by the TD-53. By sweeping the probe, this tone can lead you directly to the bug. The switch selectable SENSITIVITY level improves detection capabilities of the unit in high signal strength areas. For private (non-alerting) listening, an earphone jack is provided.
P-01 WIDEBAND ACTIVE PROBE
- Wideband active probe which covers 5 MHz to 2,500 MHz. The P-01 can be positioned up to 25 feet away from the TD-53 by using an extension cable. For example, the probe could be discreetly placed in a target room while the TD-53 is monitored in another room. Several other plug-in probes are available which will extend the usefulness of your TD-53 (see the next two pages). The unit measures 5.8" x 3.4" x 2" (with cover closed) and weights 9 oz. It is powered by one 9 volt alkaline battery (included). Also included is an illustrated instruction manual.
P-02 INFRARED (IR) PROBE
- Light beams, especially lasers, provide an excellent method for carrying audio intelligence and are not detectable by RF (radio frequency) detectors. The P-02 is a special probe which allows you to search for sources of infrared (IR) transmissions. In the case of amplitude modulated or pulse frequency modulated sources, you can actually listen and determine if the IR beam is carrying voice or other intelligence.
P-03 LINE DRIVER
- The P-03 Line Driver Probe lets you use the TD-53 for checking wire pairs for hidden microphones. One of the two LEDs on the P-03 alerts you to the presence of voltage on a wire pair. The other LED alerts you to current flow in a wire pair when the Line D river switch is operated. The Line Driver switch applies a voltage to the wire pair under test to turn on voltage activated microphones. The A/B switch reverses the polarity of the voltage for detecting polarity sensitive devices. You can also monitor the wire pair through the TD-53 amplifier and speaker to determine if room audio is present on the pair. Any of the above conditions can indicate a microphone attached to the wire pair under test.
P-04 CARRIER CURRENT / VIDEO CAMERA PROBE
- The P-04 is used in conjunction with the TD-53 for detecting carrier current transmitters and concealed video cameras. Examples of carrier current transmitters are the wireless intercoms and room monitors sold in many electronics stores and catalogs. Carrier current eavesdropping devices can be connected to power lines, phone lines or other wire pairs. The probe covers from 10 KHz to 600 KHz in two ranges. It uses a directional pickup loop and no connection to the power lines or other wires under test is n necessary. Any demodulated audio is fed to the TD-53 for monitoring and verification purposes.
TT-46 ADVANCED WIRETAP DETECTOR
- The TT-46 is the only test set that lets you quickly and easily check both single and two line phone systems for series and parallel taps. This advanced unit tests every possible combination of wires in a four wire cable. This lets you detect some of the more sophisticated taps that use split pairs.
While not much can be done about down-line taps, the TT-46 will help you check your phone lines for on-premises series and parallel bugs and wiretaps. You can also check your telephone for the most common types of hookswitch bypasses. (A hookswitch bypass is a modification to the telephone instrument that causes the transmitter or receiver in the telephone handset to pick up room sounds and pass them down the phone line even with the phone hung up. This effectively turns the telephone into a room monitor.)
The TT-46 detects series devices with a resistance of 10 ohms or more. (Most series taps have a resistance of over 100 ohms.) It also detects parallel devices with a resistance of 65 megohms or less. (Most parallel taps are under 30 megohms.) It can also detect certain capacitively coupled taps.
Also included in the TT-46 is a line monitor that lets you check the wire pairs for the presence of room audio when the phones are hung up. (The presence of room audio on the phone line when the telephones are not being used is a sure sign of bugging.) A line driver is part of the monitor function. The line driver is used to turn on (activate) any voltage operated microphones, such as FET mics, that may be connected to a pair of wires.
The unit weighs 9 oz. and measures 7" x 4.6" x 2.25" (with the cover closed). It is powered by one 9 volt alkaline battery.
- Padded Carry Case
- Instruction Manual
- Various cords and adapters
video camera home security
video wireless security
hearing impaired telephones
TASER C2 ®
home protection security
cell phone spy
outdoor wireless security camera
wireless home alarm system
Portable Video Recorder
child tracking device
GPS data logger